.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

I finally got to see Man on the Moon last night. I have no huge interest in Andy Kaufman - to me, he was the one who spoilt Taxi with the irritating character Latka - but the film was made by Michael Stipe's production company, so that was enough for me. And the film was very good. Carrey is excellent (much to my surprise) as Kaufman, who seems to have spent most of his life setting up one joke after another, so much so that I wondered if anyone really knew him. It certainly doesn't make for a sympathetic character - if those closest to you don't believe you when you tell them you're terminally ill, it's surely a pretty sad state of affairs.

Today is a beautiful, sunny day. I've been painting and working on the novel and even had breakfast sitting out in the sun. Later I'm going along to Penzance Promenade to pick up gf from her new job. At this rate, I'll be going early to sit under a palm tree and look at the sea. I dropped her off earlier and drove back over the hills. There's a layby where I always pull in to take in the view. Today it was to a soundtrack of Tom Waits' Mule Variations. A man had stopped there to re-shoe his horse. It was wonderfully serene.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?