.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004



I first saw the Merry Maidens from the air. I was in a helicopter (noisy but fun) flying from Penzance to Tresco on the Isles of Scilly and below us appeared this amazing stone circle. Since then I've been back many times. The energy of the whole area (near Lamorna Cove) is very special, very magical. Just before you reach the Maidens, look to your right and, if the hedgerows aren't in full leaf, you'll see the Pipers, two very tall stones leaning at angles in adjacent fields. The Maidens I've walked around, through, and studied from the gate at the edge of the field they're in. It's a very well known and easy to get to site, so summer time it'll be busy, but I go in quieter times. I always feel re-energised and calm after I've seen them.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?