.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 21, 2004

I have a cold for the first time in two years. It's not too bad - I've been driving and painting and suchlike - but it also feels as if I've been punched hard on the nose. Homebrew sloe gin and lots of painkillers are helping a lot.

Today is the Spring Equinox, and I was interested in spending some time on the Women's Land a few miles south west of here, but I didn't get around to getting directions. Women's space is less of an urgency with me these days; West Cornwall does have some hostility (young men driving at chucking out time who act as if their dicks have been cut off if you overtake them) but it's nothing like London. However, I would like to see what goes on in these places and give my support to the sisterhood, although how much use I'd be sneezing and spluttering, I don't know. It's nearly dark, and I'd like to mark the start of Spring in an appropriate way, so I keep looking out of the window to see if it's a clear sky. To go up on Lelant Downs and star watch for a while is an incredible thing to do, well it is for this city girl. Standing around in complete darkness is scary, but exhilerating.

The second draft of the novel is well on its way. I spoke to girlfriend about it yesterday, in detail as it turned out. I've spent the last year and a bit wrapped up in the story and the characters and I don't know anymore if any of it will mean anything to anyone, so it was good to hear the view of someone who doesn't actually go for dark fantasy or horror writing. And she liked it a lot. "It was like reading a proper book," she said, which was a real compliment, because of course it's almost impossible for her to be objective. So it's time I hassled the agent again, because I want to see the thing published.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?