.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Having never had children and never intending to, the whole natural childbirth vs c-section debate has had me a bit puzzled, but this article in today's Guardian addresses it with a bit more composure than most. I was born by c-section myself, being a twin and there being an emergency as my mother went into labour, but my personal thought is that hours - and possibly days - of horrendous labour, is not something I'd ever want to face. As the article says, dismissing the (very small) amount of women who opt for c-sections for non-medical reasons as fitting childbirth in with their busy worklives is just another way of demeaning women who work and bring up children. Choice for everyone except mothers?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?