.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 10, 2004

Heard a track from the new Patti Smith album last night. I had to wave the radio around in the air to try and keep the thing tuned in, but even with that palava it still sounded beautiful. The last time I'd really heard her was on Dream of Life, which I really liked although it was quite rocky. But that was quite a long time ago now. Charles Shaar Murray reviewed Tramplin' (for what mag I don't know - I was given a cutting) and I was champing at the bit to get the album even before I'd heard any of it.

Today, amongst other things, I drove past a club called Flamingos, so old fashioned it still calls itself a discoteque. Outside it a car had been set alight. I stopped and rang the fire brigade like a good citizen. It freaked me out for quite a while afterwards. I felt this wierd kind of empathy with the car. Which is ridiculous, isn't it?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?