.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

I was supposed to go to Lanyon Farm this afternoon. There's a little tea room/gallery there, mainly for hikers and the woman who runs it wants to see some of my stuff. I had three pieces packed ready to go but a fierce rainstorm has made me put the trip off until tomorrow, when I hope it will be drier. Afterwards, I'll probably pop into the Men-an-Tol Studio again to have another look at Ian McNeil Cooke's beautiful prints, and to see how it should be done, and then go on to a sacred site (Lanyon Quoit is nearby) to read or meditate.

Chapter 5 is now nearly redrafted. I'm trying to push it over 9,000 words, and there's only 500 to go, but there doesn't seem to be a lot to add and I really don't want to start padding things out, so I'll try and hang back. I should ring the agent to see if he at least got the chapter I sent last week, but it's a bit scary - as it is, I can imagine him skipping around his office in joy at my every word. To hear the truth of it - especially as I tend to stutter a bit when I'm nervous - could be pretty demoralising. Anyway, there's the chance of reorganising my trip to the owl sanctuary this Sunday. The opportunity of having one sit on my hand is too good to miss, even if it means watching it tear a dead chick to pieces.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?