.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 09, 2004

So I am now 37. I had a wonderful birthday, thank you for asking. I got two beautiful OS maps (one of Penwith the other of Bodmin Moor), a book on all the sacred sites in Cornwall and enough money to buy a couple of new shirts with, as well as doing some black and white photo enlargements to hopefully sell. I can take the poverty stricken artiste thing a bit far sometimes - I'm just not interested in buying clothes. I suppose if I was skinny I'd be more into at least satisfying my fetish for camping gear, so maybe it's just as well that I'm poor and can't afford to worry about it one way or another. The only down moment was having one of the car tyres do something wierd, so I couldn't get along to the owl sanctuary, but it was quite easily fixed and me and gf ended up wandering along the mine tunnels at Geevor mine.

Last Monday I posted some redrafted chapters of the book to the agent. I haven't heard from him about the first draft, so I'm really going to push this. I totally believe in the novel now, and I know how dreadful the market is for first novels - especially written by a woman, with strong female characters. It's a dark fantasy with a lot of eco awareness and I'm not some vacuous celeb, so who would possibly want to buy it? - but fuck it, it's good. I did a flyer this week as well, to distribute at various hippie stores around here and hopefully at the Glastonbury festival. I based the design on some of the amazing milestones you get around here. It worked pretty well, I think.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?