.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

'Twas a fine and sunny day yesterday, just right for a street festival, and I had a short but sweet visit to Camborne for Trevithick Day. I bought myself a horribly trendy 'Billabong' wallet not because I have any pretention of being trendy but because it was cheap and everyone tells me what I keep my money in at the moment is a purse and a horrible one at that. The only sour note was having a woman approaching me, who I assume was claiming to be a Gypsy, offering me a dead daffodil for money. When I turned her down she thrust it at me and claimed it had the power to make me lose weight. This fantastic sales pitch had me snorting with laughter, and I nearly came out with my usual line if someone starts either whinging about being a size 12+ (I've actually heard an air stewardess worrying aloud about no longer being a size SIX) or saying that bigger folk don't deserve to walk the planet:

It's not stopped me getting laid. Ok?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?