.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 10, 2004


The above is the closest I can find to a photograph of Cot Valley or Porth Nanven, where I spent much of yesterday, and it doesn't do the place justice. Cot Valley is reached via a long drive down a narrow road just outside St Just. The valley is wooded at the top before giving way to a rugged grassy landscape with a stream running through it. At the bottom, Porth Nanven itself is an incredible place, full of huge boulders, some bizarrely shaped: one looks like a giant tooth, smoothed away at the bottom by the sea, and, for our amusement, there are plenty of goddess' style arse shaped rocks. I got a massive feeling of time standing still there. I must go back there, alone probably, with my camera, and spend a few hours shooting film.

Meanwhile, today I've been sorting out photographs for my example album. Everyone else was out, so I played Smog's Rain on Lens and Liquid Skin by Gomez on the downstairs cd player (i.e. the one that doesn't skip) and had a fine time. I've also done the shitwork for the name plate commission - all the measuring up and guidelines are now on the slate, so hopefully I'll get that painted this week.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?