.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

The flat is gorgeous. It's in a huge, huge building that still looks very much like a hotel - great, big hall, fire doors on all the floors - including an extra one leading up to 'our' flat, which would make it extra quiet and private. The flat itself is right in the attic, which means there's wooden beams everywhere. It's not amazingly big, but it's very light and there's room for two with each of us having our own space when we need it. There's also loads of parking outside, and a parking permit for Brenda, all included with the flat (not like Brighton, eh??) I fell completely in love with it - it faces the sea and backs onto a neighbour's beautiful garden. So we're trying to sort out references and stuff as soon as possible. By christ I'm going to be poor again, but it'll be worth it.

So who's coming to visit first?

Meanwhile, I stayed home this afternoon to price up my 'art' for the fair. I put the cat on the bed to wander amongst my stuff and of course she sat on one of the canvases, tipped it off the side of the bed and reached out to grab the nearest thing with her claws... fortunately she didn't tear my painting to pieces and she only bumped her arse a bit. The rest of my family went off for a walk at Tehidy Park. The whole thing was a Disney experience: first, my sister spends ages sitting next to a snake that's outside her flat, then at the park there were baby voles, cygnets, squirrels, jays... fantastic stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?