.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 07, 2004

I finally got down to work and put my black and white enlargements in their mounts. It turned out to be miles easier than it looked, and very impressive they look too. Now all I have to do is sell them. Some brainstorming is needed for the Mystic Fair, just to make sure I'm prepared properly. Next Tuesday I'm going to see the owner of the Yam Parlour to try and get an exhibition, so I've got to organise my photos and appear to have a plan/theme of some kind by then. The next month could see me sinking or swimming as far as making some money out of art goes. It's vaguely stressful. I had an appointment with my psychologist yesterday and more or less walked out halfway through. I do wish he'd stop yakking and giving me his theories and let me just talk a bit more. But yesterday was weird - I was fairly incoherent and spent ages trying to string a sentence together, or do anything other than staring into space. He was glad to see the back of me, I think. But I met gf afterwards and we spent some time in the glorious Minack Theatre and the cliffs and the sea calmed me down and made me remember what's important.

This morning I was listening to the radio and they played Lost In Music by Sister Sledge. For the first time, I heard the lyrics: "We're lost in music/feel so alive/I quit/My nine to five..." Great when pop songs advocate stuff like this. Ironic, though, that when it came out I refused to listen to it, as it wasn't 'punk' enough for me. Afterwards I heard A Good Heart by Fergal Sharkey. Good grief, I'd forgotten just how the mighty can fall.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?