.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

Interzone has become a TTA (The Third Alternative) Press magazine.

This is not good news. Interzone was the establishment, as it were, of the science fiction/fantasy press in this country. TTA is the big cheese of the 'independent' or small press in this country. Now TTA seems to have control of all the sf etc press. Which is fine and dandy if you get on with its editor. If you don't - and I and others have annoyed Andy for no reason that we can think of - then you don't have a chance, frankly, of getting published. Or getting your stuff reviewed in The Fix, the mag that reviews just about everything in the small press (but only if you buy subs to all of Andy's magazines - yes, it's owned and run by TTA). Anyone for monopoly?

I've had a story published in TTA, and republished in one of its anthologies. The editor has described my work as 'outstanding'. But now I can't seem to do anything right - my submissions don't get answers, my last email got a rude response when I explained that, as I had absolutely no money coming in, I couldn't afford to subscribe to every mag he produced.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?