.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Looks like we're all growing up.

I got a letter this morning from my oldest friend. I've known him for well over half my lifetime. He started writing to me when I did a punk fanzine with my sister. His was the first order, and I nicked it before my sis could get out of bed. Even though we've never lived in the same city (or even the same country on occasions) we've gone through a lot together. He got married to a fantastic woman a few years back and I even went to the reception, a barn dance in Wiltshire.

And now they're going to have a baby. And Goddess help me, I feel all sniffy about it.

Later on, I found myself standing outside a Georgian house with gf, staring up at the top floor. We're going to see a flat there in the morning. It sounds like it might be quite small, but it's in Penzance, and looks out over Mount's Bay. It's also about 2 minutes' walk from the Promenade: sea! amusement arcade! And it appears quite 'unfashionable', so it's fairly quiet all year round.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?