.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

My memory's even worse than I thought (or: I'd forgotten just how bad my memory is. Ho ho) - it's taken a prompt from a friend for me to remember that today I was going to ring the owner of the Yam Parlour in Penzance (my favourite cafe at the moment) to ask about a photography exhibition. I wanted to write a few notes about the Earth, Health and Mystic Fayre I went to on Saturday - some of the stuff looked interesting, but it was badly organized. There were a lot of people doing readings, a couple doing massage and reflexology and a few selling drums and incence, but they were all in a big hall, with the only ventilation being a door open at the entrance/exit. As a result it was noisy and hot - not the vibe, I would have thought, for that kind of thing. I certainly would not have wanted a reading done or have done one myself. As for arty stuff, I saw only one other painter, and her style was completely different to mine, so it definately feels worth doing the fair in St Ives. As someone said, "It'll either go well, or it won't." At least one of the stalls I wanted to have a longer look at - a couple photographing auras. Now, I think I'm fairly open minded and certainly want to learn about spiritual stuff, but I really don't think a polaroid camera in a stuffy hall is going to get me very much further along the road to knowledge. I would have liked to have grilled the folk offering this 'service' if it had been a bit more quiet there. It also occurred to me (not for the first time) that a lot of the folk involved in this kind of thing appear to have a fair bit of money. Are the middle classes more open to this stuff? Or do they just have too much time and money to play with?? There's much more to it than this, of course, but I must make that 'phone call...

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?