.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 08, 2007

After looking at the only other blogger's site that I can get into - the library still insisting on treating its users (i.e. those who can't afford home net access) like children - and seeing all the topical/political stuff its full of makes me feel not guilty about not including anything like that here, but just underlines how different my life is now. What I want to write about is how a few of us went to the Minack Theatre yesterday, just to sit in the cafe and gaze at the incredibleness of the place. The wind and rain was howling around us, and a real treat was seeing a bunch of gannets plunge-diving into the sea for fish, something I've never seen before. The sea was stormy as hell, and much as I hate the fishing industry, I did mutter a prayer for those out in it.

During the last few days I've been horribly ill and a lot more bad tempered than usual. Two drivers who overtook me in stupid, dangerous places would have had their necks wrung if I'd managed to get hold of them. But that would be no cure for their stupidity, of course. I was used to seeing bully boy tactics in London but not down here, please? Meanwhile, there's a bit of a lesbian fest going on at the local theatre in Penzance, with Claire Summerskill and Sue Perkins both going stand up shows. I'll be going to both, as it seems like a real novelty to do anything 'sceney' these days, and they should both be good. We'll see who comes crawling out of the woodwork, too...

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?